Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Charles Wesley & Expressing Faith Through Song

We are having a great time and learning some interesting things in the Wesleyan Hymn Study. Here are a few questions to get you thinking:
1. When did Charles Wesley live?
2. How many hymns and sacred poems did he write?
3. Did Charles write the text, music, or both?
4. Did brother John write any hymns?

See if you can answer any of these questions. If you know them, email me or tell me at church......this will let me know how many people are reading this!

I'll post the answers in a couple of weeks.

Bryan

2 comments:

Todd said...

I am intrigued. I don't know the answer to any of these questions but look forward to hearing about it. Some day we need to do lunch and talk, I'll treat (don't tell Jonathan). I can't carry a hymn but I would like to talk about music. Have I asked you if you have read Music in Churches by Linda J. Clark?
Peace, Todd

Ann Holland said...

I do not know the answers to any of your questions which means I should have taken this class. but I was trying to figure out why Hugo does what he does in the Enneagram workshop!
In Christ, Ann